- STRONGER ECONOMY & LOWER TAXES – The Conservative long-term economic plan is working. As well as cutting the deficit by a half we’ve raised the income tax threshold to £10,500 saving Erith & Thamesmead residents £730 a year on average. If re-elected we’ll lift the basic rate to £12,500 – because we trust you to look after your own money.
- BETTER TRANSPORT – Crossrail coming to Abbey Wood will give us a quick, direct connection to central London and, more importantly, more chance of a seat during the rush hour! We are also investing £70m to improve the existing line and I will fight to make sure we get a better, more reliable service
- FIRST RATE SCHOOLS – As a School Governor I want to see every child in Erith & Thamesmead attending a first rate school - the best start in life.
ACTION ON IMMIGRATION – Labour’s open door immigration policy has put intolerable strain on our public services. I support the need to control our borders and put the needs of everyone already here first.
REFERENDUM ON THE EU – We must stand up for British interests and reduce EU interference. Only the Conservatives will give the British people an in /out referendum on Europe.
- BETTER DEAL FOR PENSIONERS & CARERS – We owe our old people a lot and I will fight to get the best pensions and social care possible.
- HIGH QUALITY HOSPITALS AND GP SERVICES – I will use my first-hand experience as a healthcare Barrister to ensure a top class health service is available for all when needed.
TOUGH ON CRIME - I want to see zero tolerance of anti-social behaviour and stricter prison terms for serious criminals, in particular, terrorists, paedophiles and sex offenders.
- CONTINUED WELFARE REFORM – The welfare system is unfair to those who work, save and contribute. Capping benefits is the first stage towards making sure work always pays.
- MORE HOME OWNERSHIP – I support our “Help to Buy” scheme to get more people onto the property ladder.